Software Engineer - System Parachains
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do. We have an older article on our blog about our development practices that you may want to read.
You will be joining the System Parachains team, which focuses on moving the core Polkadot protocol into parachains. Our users range from other parachain developers using XCM, application developers, and end-users.
This role is for experienced software engineers who can work with low level, mission-critical code and take ownership of a product from understanding users, to developing solutions, to working with auditors, to producing documentation, to testing and releasing into production. It will include working in Substrate FRAME and will require a deep understanding of the XCM virtual machine used for cross-chain programs.
We work on open-source software as a member of a community. Applicants need to have good communication skills and will be expected to engage with the community on GitHub, Stack Exchange, and chat.
- Able to design and implement APIs from the ground up.
- Able to work on complex systems and with several stakeholder groups (other engineers, auditors, users).
- Deliver without any supervisory role giving you precise step-by-step instructions.
- Adhere to software engineering best practices and apply creativity and engineering rigor to your work.
- Professional experience in systems programming, for example in Rust, C, C++, or Go.
- Solid foundation in computer science and programming principles.
- Good knowledge of the blockchain space is a plus, but not a must.
- Experience with blockchain composability and messaging frameworks like FRAME, XCM, Cosmos, or IBC is a plus.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom, and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what's best for you.
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries, and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value greatly, so we regularly go on team retreats.
Something looks off?