Application Security Engineer
We are seeking an innovative and accomplished Application Security Engineer to join the Parity Security team. You will take a critical role in upholding the security of Parity Technologies products, from conceptual in their design to completion.
You will influence the technical architecture of new products, ensuring that security is a keystone in their designs. You would be the owner of Application security of new and existing products through pentesting and threat modelling, and contributing towards internal tooling and integration to ensure that security is baked into the software development lifecycle. Engineers will come to you as a trusted source of guidance for the secure development and maintenance of their products. Your insight will be consulted for strategic technical decisions, to guarantee that security is not an afterthought in our technical roadmap.
Being part of the preventative defense for our company, you'll identify and mitigate emerging threats to Parity Technologies environment stemming from vulnerabilities and architectural issues in the earlier stages of our products. Educating engineers on secure development practices will come into play, through a combination of educational software and your guidance.
A day in the life:
- Provide technical expertise and guidance for developers around the secure development of their products. Keep up to date with evolving InfoSec trends, emerging risks, and growing industry-wide technological shifts.
- Perform assessments of products, such as pentests, or services that are being tested but are not yet in production.
- Sympathize with the goals trying to be achieved by other teams; help to push solutions out securely rather than just blocking solutions outright. We're here to work with others getting their products out in a manner that's secure for our customers, not to just reject solutions without context.
- Solid experience with RUST is a MUST
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly.
- Have exposure to cryptography, decentralized networking, hardware key management solutions. Basics at least, we want you to be motivated to learn more.
- Know your security tools and approaches: you should be leading our way when setting up SAST, DAST, fuzzing, property-based testing, symbolic execution, network simulation tools and such.
- Be a self-starter: most of the time there would be little guidance on which areas to work on first and what to improve there. You’re expected to determine that yourself, keeping company-wide goals in mind, and drive those initiatives to completion.
If possible, we'd also love you to have:
- Have experience in threat modelling, red/blue teaming, working with best in class independent security teams and turning their findings into actual deployed fixes in our codebase;
- Prior work experience in blockchain/cryptocurrency fields.
- A background in open-source software development.
- Passionate about Web 3.0 and what it represents for the future.
- Anywhere in the world, we want you!
Flexible working and Remote? Yes, please!
The team at Parity builds core infrastructure to power a better internet. We do this by innovating in and fostering the open-source ecosystem surrounding blockchain development, also known as Web 3.0.
Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests often conflict with our own. Despite that conflict, we still use their software either because many of the benefits seem to outweigh any perceived risk, we feel there is no choice, or there is no better alternative. As a result, we end up granting such companies access to our personal data which, in turn, gives them far-reaching control over our digital lives and in that, unprecedented influence over a multitude of globally impactful initiatives and innovations.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers to create the next wave of better products and services that respect the freedom and data of individuals. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society for our future.
We primarily steward the Substrate ecosystem which includes Polkadot and Kusama, both of which are next-generation, sharded, multichain networks. Our flagship product, Substrate, is an open-source modular and extensible blockchain-building framework that allows rapid innovation and fast deployment of custom-built blockchains. Substrate provides the core building blocks of blockchains built for deployment to Polkadot and Kusama. Our key programming language is Rust, and all of our work is open source.
Something looks off?