Technical Project Manager - Infrastructure
Parity is one of the world's most experienced core blockchain infrastructure companies, having built and pioneered some of the most advanced technologies in the blockchain sector. Parity was founded by Dr. Gavin Wood, co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum, the primary engineer behind the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), inventor of the Solidity programming language, and primary author of the Ethereum Yellow Paper.
Based in Berlin, London, and Lisbon with over 340 employees worldwide, Parity has built clients for Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Zcash and has pioneered a completely new, next-generation blockchain protocol with Polkadot and the framework it’s built with, Substrate. Parity builds the open-source technologies needed to power an unstoppable, decentralised web—known as Web3—and helps developers and organisations implement and build upon the Web3 tech stack.
About the Infrastructure Engineering Team:
The Infrastructure Engineering Team is responsible for development, integration and operation of Parity's internal and external facing infrastructure. This includes design and operations of large scale test networks which facilitate the development process of our core software development products as well as surrounding components like communication infrastructure as well as access and resources management.
About the position:
We're hiring an experienced Technical Project Manager to join this team. The Project Manager will be embedded in the engineering team and will support the engineers in the process of delivering robust and quality software development infrastructure. This position will require a strategic, technically-minded approach to facilitate communication within the team and across software development teams and support with establishing processes, structures and people management. Due to Parity’s unique open-source culture, the ideal candidate will be more of a negotiator and mediator than a top-down strategist while being prone to feedback loop and willing to improve on it with critical thinking. In summary, some of what you'll do:
- Document and drive the roadmap(s) in a supportive manner, prioritising tasks and managing the team's resources, and identifying resource constraints and any other issues that arise
- Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables and keep project plans up to date at all times
- Design quality and automation procedures, and deliver project dashboard(s) for internal and company-wide visibility
- Help align members of the team on a shared vision and document the execution of that vision
- Background in STEM & 2-5 years technical program/product management experience in fast-paced, highly-fluid environments
- Understanding of blockchain, operations in cloud infrastructure and familiarity with open-source software.
- Passion for Web3
- Knowledge of GitHub workflows, PRs, issue tracking and milestones
- Proactive, progress-driven and analytical mindset
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skillset
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and schema to balance competing priorities when needed
- Ability to influence internal collaborators without direct management responsibility
- (ideally) Knowledge of the Polkadot/Substrate ecosystem and network
About working for us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.
Something looks off?