Senior Front-end Engineer - Apps
As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralised technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralised and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organisation and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
About the role:
The role is about building user facing applications and reusable UI components that help millions of people interact with the Polkadot Network and move forward the Web3 vision.
This requires thinking about UI from the standpoint of the protocol developer, the frontend developer and the end user. The resulting UI components should empower front-end developers to craft chain-backed experiences which delight end users. You will make use of cutting edge technologies built in-house at Parity (for instance Capi), helping to set a standard in the developer community building on Substrate.
About the team:
All our projects are open source and most of our communication happens on GitHub. Our team is based across multiple timezones, so we tend to favour asynchronous communication over meetings and ceremonies. Familiarity with open source workflows on GitHub is highly appreciated.
We are highly autonomous so we look for someone who is driven by passion and can deliver without precise step-by-step instructions coming from above.
- Due to the nature of our work we can only consider applicants with production experience on complex TypeScript projects.
- Advanced expertise with TypeScript and React is a must, but we value production experience with other frontend frameworks as long as they make use of a type system.
- Expert knowledge of patterns that help with effective state management is highly appreciated
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- We look for excellent communicators, who actively participate in planning and driving new features.
- Experience building Web3 apps is a plus, but not a must. You just have to be passionate about frontend tech.
- Collaborate with designers, other developers and the open source community to determine optimal routes to best-meet the needs of users
- Write clean, easy-to-understand, idiomatic front-end TypeScript
- Relentlessly drive for more intuitive and useful UI and approaches to UI, across the org
About working for us:
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.
Something looks off?