Graphic Designer - Creative Services
Graphic Designer - Creative Services
Remote — Relocation Possible
As stewards of the Polkadot and Substrate ecosystem, Parity is laying the foundation for a better web which respects the freedom and data of individuals and empowers developers to create better services through decentralised technology. The internet is too important to billions of people for it to be at the mercy of a few powerful companies.
Like Polkadot, Parity was built on a foundation of being decentralised and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organisation and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture. We have a flat structure that pushes power to the edges and empowers our people to take ownership of their role, authority coupled with responsibilities.
As Graphic Designer, your goal is to visually communicate the company’s values and provide graphics and illustrations to improve comprehension of technical concepts.
About the team
Our Creative department is a small but perfectly formed team of highly talented, multidisciplinary designers working across a wide and exciting spectrum of design content for the Polkadot business. From Brand development and Awareness, to Global Events, Promotions, Social and Campaigns, there is no channel in the marketing stack that we don’t impact. Our design standards are World Class and we believe in business change through the power of design.
About the position
We are seeking someone who can:
- Translate technical ideas into compelling graphics across blogs, social media, presentations, and websites.
- Help provide an amazing developer experience by creating clear and helpful illustrations to accompany documentation.
- Lead branding efforts; create logos and brand collateral.
- Work with contractors on video, animations, graphics, and websites to ensure a consistent brand experience; coordinate graphic designers to scale work produced during busy times.
- Support our event presence: design brochures, banners, presentations, business cards, and event graphics; design and source covetable swag.
- Support UI design for Parity apps and web interfaces; create icons for products.
- Collaborate on the design of websites and landing pages.
- Create style guides and support their adoption.
- As a Graphic Designer you’ll have:
- An ability to translate technical concepts into accurate design illustrations.
- The ability to self-motivate, prioritize tasks, and drive projects to completion - largely independently.
- An innovative design style; able to create bold designs that will be compelling to our target audience of people looking to disrupt and improve services through decentralized tech.
- Ability to deliver files based on industry standards (e.g., print-ready, web-ready etc).
- Video editing experience.
- Animation experience.
About working for us
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data, please see our Applicant Notice.
Something looks off?