Location: Connecticut, New Jersey, New York - hybrid
We are seeking a talented Grant Writer to join our Revenue Team. You will work closely with our Revenue and Economic Development teams to research, develop, and submit grant proposals for a range of startup ecosystem development programs.
- Identify and research grant opportunities that align with our strategic goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with Investment and Business Development teams to develop and write compelling grant proposals, ensuring they are in line with the grant requirements and deadlines.
- Liaise with external organizations and grant officers to develop grant agreements, negotiate terms and monitor progress of awarded grants.
- Prepare project budgets and budget justifications for grants, ensuring they align with the project objectives and meet the funding agency’s requirements.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to gather and analyze data, research and statistics for grant applications, reports and other materials.
- Ensure compliance with all grant regulations, requirements and reporting obligations.
- Work with the Revenue team to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including grant officers, government officials and external partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Journalism, English or a related field.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Grant Writer in a Venture Capital, Non-Profit or Government organization.
- Strong ability to analyze complex information and turn it into compelling written content.
- Proven track record of successfully securing grant funding and meeting deliverables.
- Experience with budgets and grant financial management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the Venture Capital industry is preferred.
Compensation: $80,000 - $90,000 with 10% bonus.
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $97.9 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
Something looks off?